- Leases normally last between one and ten years, with the option to extend throughout the lease period.
- Daily leasing payments are usually set in rubles or US dollars for the contract period. Contract terms may also include a regular upwards or downwards revision of the rate depending on the market situation.
- Scheduled repairs (depot, overhaul, replacement of cast components and wheel pairs) are typically arranged and paid for by the Customer, unless otherwise agreed.
- The Customer does not make lease payments (“Lease Holidays”) while scheduled repairs are being made.
- Current repairs are always arranged and paid for by the Customer.
- Brunswick Rail insures the railcars at its own expense against damage, total loss and third party liability.
Brunswick Rail acquires railcars owned by Customers on market terms and gives them over to the Customer on an operating leasing basis. For the Customer, this provides a number of key benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Stabilise profits;
- Divest non-core assets;
- Retaining full operational control over the railcars.
Fleet Management and Freight Forwarding
Through our wholly owned subsidiary Proftrans, we also provide a wide range of transportation services.
We service a number of key industries in Russia, with particular expertise in metals and mining. Our business model allows us to achieve economies of scale, which in turn enable us to help our clients to reduce costs and optimize the transportation of their goods across Russia.